Just a few date claimers of Good News events for you in the weeks ahead.
- On Tues 12 June at 4 pm at the Cleveland Ex Services memorial, VCA member Marty Kruck will complete his amazing 1682 km walk of 41km each day for 41 consecutive days, in honour of our fallen in Afghanistan , and as a fundraiser for VCA outreach. See martyfortyone on FB or www.41for41raisley.com to donate or give him your thanks and encouragement. Several VCA members incl myself, will walk with him on the last day.
- On Sat 14 July the Australian American Association will host a VCA fundraising trivia night at 7 pm at St Thomas parish Hall 31 Perth St , Camp Hill. Thanks Mike Harris for organising this. Bookings can be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org I will give brief on our work.
- On Sun 5 Aug at 1200pm Knights of the Southern Cross have organised a fundraising luncheon , where I will speak at My Saigon Restaurant, 19 Darra Station Rd Darra. Thanks Kevin Lappin for organising this. All welcome; please book with Kevin on 0438741239.
- On Sat 11August from 10am-1pm we will have our next VCA gathering at Mates4Mates Milton. We’ll be showing our TA6 Video and briefing TA7 participants
- TA 7 will run from 8 to 19 Sep
- Our AGM and Christmas party will be at Mates4mates on 17 Nov 10am -1pm
We’ve recently done some great work with Bolton Clarke in development of a health and well being video toolkit. We look forward to its distribution in the months ahead. We’ve also participated in numerous information sharing sessions with other Ex Service organisations and promoted our message of holistic health and post traumatic growth to hundreds of listeners.
Of course day-by-day we are engaging with individual veterans and their family members and offering encouragement and advice.
Thanks to all our supporters and sponsors. We are making a positive difference and raising the health and well being of veterans and their families, every day.